5 years ago - JOHN BRANDON published Why Email Will Be Obsolete by 2020 over on Inc. He was wrong then. He remains wrong now.
It’s one of a series of failed predictions abot email and why it is dying.
I wrote this two years before in 2013
I’ve written a lot more about the topic. All these ‘email is dead’ articles … clickbait.
Fascinating Facts And Email Stats 2019
- 293.6 billion emails get sent and received every day in 2019
- In 2019, there are nearly 4 billion email users worldwide
- The active email accounts worldwide are about 5.59 billion
- There are about 1.5 billion Gmail accounts worldwide
- The average office worker receives about 121 emails daily
- 40 is the average number of emails per day a person sends for business purposes
- In December 2018, 43% of all emails were opened via mobile
No - it’s not going away - not with this kind of data to support it.