I was taught a long time ago about ’SMART (*)’ goals. I apply that to thinking about predictions and trends. These are the trends that ‘The Financial Brand’ came out with for the banking industry in 2016 …
Top 10 Retail Banking Trends and Predictions for 2016
- The ‘Platformification’ of Banking
- Removing Friction from the Customer Journey
- Making Big Data Actionable
- Introduction of ‘Optichannel’ Delivery
- Expansion of Digital Payments
- Executing on Innovation
- Exploring Advanced Technologies
- Emergence of a New Breeds of Banks
- Mining New Talent
- Responding to Regulatory and Rate Changes
Not a single one of them hit any more than two of the ‘smart’ criteria, so come next Jan / Feb - I predict that we will get a report on how well the trends were predicted. Just to start … the platformification of banking …. say what ! **(*) To remind ..**
The site has been closed down and the material moved to this site for posterity.
The focus today is People First.
If you want to know more - you could do no worse than;
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.